CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Car Troubles.... Grrr....

So yesterday turned out to be a fun day. We had plans for a playdate in the morning. So we left the house around 9:45 and went over to a friends house. Then we left at noon. We got all into the car, key in ignition, turn the key... nothing. No sound, no car starting, nothing. So I think ok... am I have a blonde moment? Is the car in park? Did I just forget how to start a car? Hey, you never know right. So I try again... nothing. Try again... NOTHING! Then it starts to make a clicking noise each time I try. So I figure the battery was dead. It was fine two hours prior, but now dead. Michael left work to come rescue me because he had the jumper cables in his car. So we try to jump it, nothing. We finally decide to leave the car there so he could take me and our very tired children home so they could nap. We called a tow truck and had it taken to the Dodge dealership to have it fixed. They discovered it was in fact the battery, but there had also been battery acid that had leaked out and had destroyed a few other essential car parts. Don't ask me what they were, that's beyond my car knowledge. But at least it was something that didn't take too long to fix. A few short hours later and I had my car back.

Tow truck - $70
Car battery, other essential car parts, labor, and extra money for mechanics vacation fund - $458
Having a car to take Sydney back and forth to preschool - Priceless

2 comments:

A Guy,A Girl, And a Max said...

DANG that sucks!! I can't believe it COST that much!! Darn mechanics :(

jessica said...

Girl don't get me started on cars. I am so sorry. Boy have I had more than my share of broken down cars. At least you weren't on the side of the highway at night without a cellphone...with a crazy man pulling up behind you!? Just kidding. I'm glad everything worked out. It looks like your vacation got spent in your car;)