CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My Grandma Warren

My Grandma passed away this morning. We have been expecting her to pass because she had been so frail lately and the anniversary of my Grandpa's death is coming up next week. She told my aunt last week that she was ready to go be with my Grandpa. We were hoping that she would make it till Christmas because my Mom had reservations to go and see her, but she was ready to go. I always felt a special conncection to my Grandma maybe it was because I was given her middle name. I'll never forget all the times we visited my Grandparents in Arizona. Her yummy homemade apple butter and delicious apple pies. She taught me how to play Yahtzee and Rummikub. I'm sad that my children will never know her, but am so glad that we took pictures last year when we went out for my Grandpa's funeral.



Sydney had never met her before but she went right to her and gave her lots of hugs.


My Grandma and my mom.


My Grandma holding Ashton when he was only about a month old. She just loved him and thought he was the cutest little boy she'd ever seen. He was so tiny then.


Here's our whole family at my Grandpa's funeral.

2 comments:

Merilee said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. I remember you talking a lot about your grandparents when we were younger. We miss you guys a ton!

jessica said...

How wonderful that you have pictures with her to remember. I'm so sorry hear the news. Our thoughts and prayers are with you!!